Don Cohen, MSW, LCSW-R, has provided psychotherapy in private practice for over 20 years, taught advanced clinical diagnosis at the Fordham University School of Social Service and is an ordained interfaith minister. Don also worked on psychiatric units in NYC hospitals with individuals in crisis for many years. In addition,
- Don has been EMDR-trained by the Laurel Parnell Institute to treat trauma.
- He has been trained by the Columbia University Center for Complicated Grief to treat short and long-term bereavement of loved ones.
- Don is also certified to present Peggy Huddleston’s Prepare for Surgery, Heal Faster Workshop™. He has found that people who actively get involved with their own preparation feel calmer before surgery, have less pain after surgery and recover more quickly.
- He has presented workshops in New York City on “Stress Management Techniques That Really Work!” to Wall Street investment banking and advertising firms and “Taking Charge: Mindful Preparation for Surgery” and “Finding Peace: Coping with Chronic Illness” at Mt. Sinai Hospital, The Hospital for Joint Diseases, Samaritan Village and HealingWorks.
- Don sees clients with business careers who want to resolve interpersonal issues that arise in the workplace, are seeking more fulfillment in their careers, and would like to focus on ways to remove roadblocks to success.
- He has practiced meditation, conscious breathing and tai chi for over 25 years.
Don received his B.A. in psychology from Bucknell University and his MSW from Hunter College. He also deepened his training at the four-year Helix Training Program in New York City, and with the study of CBT, bereavement and trauma therapy.